Friday, March 7, 2014

Memories from Bosnia

I was going through my stuff when I  found these two small receipts full of writing. They were notes that I wrote in Bosnia. I remember writing them when we had just arrived to our hostel in Mostar and everyone else were enjoying their smart phones and wifi. I was writing my thought down to only white paper that I found from purse.


30.11.2013
Bosnia has been quite on adventure. We departed on Friday morning before sunrise and started our journey toward Sarajevo. The closer we got to Bosnia, the more we saw snow. I'm glad they did have snow because otherwise the view would have been miserable. On the side of the road you could see deserted houses, more or less destroyed because of the war.
Bosnian border was actually the most scariest border I have ever been in. Cops and guards were all over the place and our documents were checked twice. No one spoke English but with basic skills on Russian and Slovenian language was helpful.
The landscape itself was beautiful. I hadn't seen snow this year yet so I was super happy! I actually cuite enjoyed feeling the cold on my cheeks.
The drive went almost without any trouble except when we arrived close to Sarajevo. One wrong turn on roundabout led us to traffic jam and the GPS was not helpful. First of all it couldn't find our hostel and second, it navigated us to street which did not exist, the streets were very narrow and the drivers and the people were crazy. There was no traffic rules and for a Finnish girl who is from a country where people follow the traffic rules 100%, it was hard to deal with. After several wrong turns we gave up trying to find the hostel and focused on finding a safe parking lot for our car. I can tell that traveling to Sarajevo with your own car is not the most pleasant option. Finally we found a parking hall with the help of our idiot GPS. The lot seemed safe enough. We esteemed that hostel wasn't that far away. Turned out it was...   
Mostar - Sarajevo

It was fun to read this after such a long time and I just had to write this down so I won't forget it. Next time I will write about my adventures in Vienna vol.1.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment