Monday, March 3, 2014

December - one great month

Haha oh my... looking back to December... that was some crazy fun times :) Where to beginning!

Ljubljana Christmas lights


I am so gutted that I wasn't actually there when the lights went on! It was Tuesday evening when I have that only one class that I don't actually want to skip: Tourism management. The course that has actually something to do with what I'm studying in Finland. Dasha was trying to convince me all day that I should just skip and go the center, but I didn't. After the class tho me, Ludi, Marina, Franzi and Rune(sorry if someone else was there aswell whom I don't remember to mention) headed to the center. I think I was crazy enough to actually bike to center cause I didn't have any money on my bus card.
Anyways the Christmas lights this year were UGLY! Haha no but seriously I have no idea who designed them but they were not my cup of tea. They had some space theme. Shooting stars which were actually mannequins and at Presernov square there was some neon red, blue, green lasers(?!?). It actually reminded me a lot about laser tag! Maybe they had a nice idea but it just didn't work out at all.
Other than that it was great! Really chilly night but mulled wine made you warm again. There was a lot of people. My friends who were there when the lights went on told me that it was impossible to move or walk anywhere because of the amount of people. So I guess it was good that we came 2h late.
That night I also met someone very special person and I had no idea I was going to like this ginger head person this much. Chrissy Weasly this was the night we first met, man!

White mulled wine and 102 photo of Ludi
Okey these were rather pretty lights

Winter Barbeque Tivoli


It's totally normal that on average Wednesday evening, pretty much in the middle of the winter, a certain Belgium person wants to arrange Winter Barbeque in Tivoli park. Florian Buekenhout, legendary man who has entertained us through whole semester was the mind behind this even along with his Belgium colleague. And of course we were crazy enough to follow this mad man. At least 30 student gathered around the parking lot that evening and followed this crazy guys to the forest in Tivoli park. When we arrived to our spot everyone started gathering firewood and set the fire. Just to clarify for all the kids who are reading this is very much illegal. Just when the guys had started the fire I spotted a light from flash light heading up hill to our direction and told Florian immediately put the fire down. A moment later a young couple enjoying their romantic evening walk, walked past us. I'm sure the view rather odd: 30 something students, hanging out in the woods, drinking beer. Sweet! The fire was light again after a moment and people gathered around the fire, drinking and chatting. Some people misunderstood bbq and brought whole chicken breasts etc which were not in million years going to cook on open fire.
In one point I sat next a pretty dark hair girl with beautiful face and cheerful voice and started chatting about random stuff like traveling etc. This was the first time I met Rachel and the rest of the Irish lads. My life would never be the same.
At midnight everyone suddenly burst singing happy birthday. One of the Irish had his birthday. After singing Florian, ofcourse, dared the guy to jump over the open fire. This idiot was crazy enough to do it. His name was Sean Gilligan. I was sure something bad was going to happened but he jumped successfully and everyone broke to cheers.
Let me tell anyone who has not been in winter bbq one fact: its actually pretty bloody cold if you don't sit right next to the fire. Seeing the Irish heading out I asked if I could join them since walking in the dark forest alone is not one of the things I like to do. There has actually been a bear in the Tivoli park couple years ago! Tho in the winter time the beers are sleeping I suppose... Anyway I was the only one who actually had a flash light which was quite a savior since it was really really dark. Tho we did get lost but found our way eventually to right track.
My adventures were not over tho. I was first planning to walk home since it was too late that any buses were going to run. I saw Simi on my way and asked if she would join us when we saw bus number 8, we had been saved! We ran to the bus and sat down, happy and warm. The bus started moving and drove completely wrong way. Simi and I were still hopeful, maybe it turns to Bezingrad later. It didn't. We dropped of on random bus stop. We knew Bezingrad was somewhere on the right so that was the direction. We were tipsy and happy with no worries, just laughing at our bad luck. We crossed a railway and ended up in warehouse area. This was the time freak out, we were completely lost. There was hardly no street signs, not that they were going to help us. Later we found a bus stop and they always have a map there but we could recognize our location. We walked a little further to the warehouse area thinking about our options: a) calling, taxi b) stealing a car or c) keep walking. We decided to walk back to the one cross road with street signs and Simi called her taxi driver. Even the driver was a little confused where we were but promised to try to find us. After waiting 10 minutes the knight with white horse came, we were saved! Turned out we were not that far away from Bezingrad but we were still glad we got a taxi.
Successful night 5/5!

Thanks Florian and Simi for making my life adventures!  

Pivo Race

Haha ou yes... This night was fun! Or was it? Who knows cause I don't quite remember.

The night started dramatically. I was eager to join Pivo race, this was the third race in Rozna dormitory and I had never taken part of it. Sebastian promised to be my partner. The rules are simple: the guy feeds the girl beer and the person who is drinking is not allowed to touch the bottle/can. After finishing the the drink the person has to run the corridor, down stares, another corridor, back up stares and back to the drinking spot. On earlier races everyone had to drink 3 x 0,5l beer, but this time(luckily) the girls had easier rules and they had to drink only 3 x 0,3l.
Later that day Sebastian told me that he was not sure if he wanted/was able to join the race and said I should look for another partner. I was annoyed about the late warning and asked if Phillipped wanted to join me and luckily he was up to it. Not long after Sebastian announced that Florian and Simi were attending aswell and he was back in because we had to beat Florian and Simi. At this point I had already made a deal to play with Phillipp which then made Sebastian annoyed that I had replaced him when he himself told me to look another partner. Long story short, Florian baled and Sebastian and Simi became partners.
I had never been in Rozna before and the stories were true, there is only Spanish people! It was a really Spanish race itself but a lot of fun. And the people were proper dressed up. I had casual cloths, t-shirt, jeans and normal shoes when all the people from Rozna had proper running shoes and gear on. Some even had a team shirt. I felt over dressed.
I am not a huge fan of beer(at this time) and I had no idea how was I going to succeed the beer drinking. The drinking part was not as hard as I had feared and I was able to drink pretty fast. The running stomach full of beer was not that great and the girls were really competitive I was going pass one Spanish girl when she proper elbowed me. I fell back gladly, I was not into fight and I wasn't THAT eager to win. This is supposed to be fun and not to take so seriously bitches! We didn't win but we sure did had a lot of fun and me and Phillipp were great team!

After Pivo race, before vodka

Later there was a distribution of prizes and (surprise surprise) Spanish team won. The prize was a bottle of bubble wine and a xmas tree decorated with beer cans and rubbish. Not long after Jakob Nodrinking came to kill the party because of the noise. Our party ofcourse didn't end there and we went to Erik place for pre drinking. I learned important lesson that night, never ever drink Polish vodka with Erik-Jan Mol.
The things I remember from that night was: the taxi to Companieros, the empty other dance floor, Simi blowing soup bobbles and when the Companiero closed and I had no clue where the hell my bag was.
Result of the night: wallet empty of cash, missing credit card, missing ipod, missing phone and missing memories. The next day missing horse riding and huge hangover.
Successful night 2/5

Simi, you make my life so much more fun<3

Finland Independence day party

The day all the finns had been waiting for: Finlands birthday party! We had reserved basement for our party, everyone were allowed to invite certain amount of guests. We had provided Finnish playlist, food such as makaroonilaatikko, blue cheese and ginger breads and glögi. Yum! We performed our national anthem, danced letka jenkkaa and drank salmiakki liqueur. The asshole guard came to and our party at 11pm! Everyone were really unhappy about that, especially since we hadn't made that much noise. After preparty at Erikas flat. I had no idea until when did we continued drinking but ended up going to a Bunker party at Stara elekrarna. Dasha told me that the last year was amazing but this year it was very calm. People were a bit older, the music was good and drinks were ok price. And you returned the cup you got some money back. We danced until the party ended which felt like pretty early even tho I'm sure it was already at least 3 or 4am.

The only photos on my camera and they were not even from the official party...

Jules Birthday


I don't want to drink no more... after Thursday I started feeling little sick but its Julias birthday so I needed to go out! We were debating if we should go to Cirkus(no no nooo!) or Top6(yes!). I have already wrote what I think of Cirkus on my Keep up with your blog lady-post --> (first-day-at-school), so I'm not going there. The result was to go to Cirkus cause we got a free enters with Grega. Julia, as my best friend, deserves at least one dance on her birthday so I promised to join them but not to stay. Pre drinks at Jules and then to Cirkus. The place was as horrible I remembered and I headed to the bar immediately, I need a drink! Drinks were expensive but I decided to go with caipiroska since I knew I liked it and it was strong. As I was ordering it I was wondering if the c was supposed to pronounce in English way or Slovenian way. I ended up going with Slovenian so 'ch'. The bartender had to ask me twice what I wanted, gave me a weird look and went to prepare my drink. To my shock he came back with cup of tea. He had understood that I wanted Cai=tea in Slovenia. I just laughed and paid my tea. Obviously everyone else also laughed at me and Caro was kind enough and tried to talk the bartender to pour some rum to my tea or something. It didn't work out. But to me honest I didn't mind at all since I actually had a pretty sore throat.


In 15min time on dance floor I got hit on or grabbed by at least 4 different guys which made me really annoyed since that never happens in any other bars/clubs. Leave the fuck me alone and let me dance! I don't know if it was the place or dress. I didn't last long and soon I had kiss Jules for good bye and head out.


I knew other people were out aswell so I gave Phillipp a text knowing he was in Top6 and there was a House party. He told me that the music was shit and no worth to came and that we should go to K4. Man that guy was hammered. The walk from Top6 to K4 is about... 5 to 6 blocks I think and during that time we had only 3 topics that looped over and over again. 1. I can't believe you went to Cirkus 2. Top6 was shit! and 3. You are going to have so much fun in K4. Brilliant! K4 was greeeeat. The music was smooth, people and the place was great and the Irish were there aswell. The only thing that was wrong was my outfit. Coming from Circus all dressed up white fairyish dressed and glitter made stood up a lot from other crowed. Rachel was sweet and adored my outfit tho and to be honest, I didn't care what I looked like and I'm sure no one else did. Maybe someone got a really good kick out his drugs cause he thinks he sees fairys in K4!
My absolute favorite and horrified moment of the night was when I was chatting with Sean and Phillipp came over to tell me that he wants to go home. I protested cause I wanted to stay but Phillipp said he is too drunk he has to go home. I called him a bitch and slapped him playfully and Phillipp automatically slapped my back because that's our common stupid came. I laughed. After that everything happened really fast. Sean got really mad and grasped Phillipp from his shirt and yelled 'what the fuck man you don't hit women'. Phillipp didn't say anything but he had 'I don't give a shit'-smirk on his face. And jumped between the guys to protect Phillipp and calm Sean down and explained it's okey where he replied angrily that it's not okey! I agreed that ofcourse its not okey but explained him that its a slapping game and we do that sometimes when we are drunk and there is no harm done, its only a joke. Still pissed of Sean released Phillipp and I walked him out. Rest of night continued without drama. Only good music and a lot of dancing.
My night was crowned with hot pizza burek after K4.

No comments:

Post a Comment