Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The last week before xmas holiday

After stress free weekend at Kranjska Gora, I was not motivated at uni work at all! I thought I was going to die for my one last presentation and 3 assignments. Start of the week was only focusing on Uni and killed my social life for a moment.

On Wednesday I had a happy reunion with Nika! I hadn't seen her in forever since she had been sick. We went for mulled wine together with Phillipp. I have great friends! Maria had also invited me to crazy hair-theme birthday party in Cupiteria and I really really wanted to go! Unfortunately I was not finished with my assignment until 12pm and I gave up. I was pissed off and wrecked because of the work. I really should learn how to start my assignments earlier! I am a horrible roommate since I didn't remember that Dashas birthday was on Thursday not Friday. I didn't realize it until she laughed that her friends from Australia were already wishing happy birthday to her. I sang happy birthday to her after midnight. Chrissy was dear and talked me over to still join them to K4. It was her last night in Ljubljana before she was going back to Germany for xmas holiday. Her best argument was tho that she was wearing a see through shirt!;) That women is one lovely package! And I was so glad I went out. Dancing is the second best way to release stress. Number one is to have sex ofcourse. For my surprise Kenda was also out that night! Its ages that I had partied with her. We send happy birthday photo for her, but her reaction was not as great as we expected. She wanted to come out that night aswell! I felt horrible, I was sure I told her that I was going to K4... I have no idea when did I got home...
Successful night 4/5


Just because it was our last Thursday we had to go to Companieros. We were going to catch the bus together to center with Erika. That pretty Finnish gal was late though(I don't blame her a bit, I'm the one who is ALWAYS late!) and we missed the bus. There is always thing that turns everything better. As I was waiting Erika a guy came to the bus stop and asked something in Slovenes. He wanted to know if the bus had went already and he was willing to share a taxi with us since the next one was coming in half an hour. Great to share the taxi with someone since the taxis are soooooo expensive in Ljubljana(not)! He was going to medicine party at their faculty. Sounded way better than shitty Companieros... Pre drinks and Andreas place and then to everyones number 1 favorite club!
Successful night 3/5

@claire

I was extremely proud of myself the next morning since I actually made it to horse riding! Amazing! Alenka's face was priceless: "What are you doing here??" She had expected to see everyone else but me. I told her my crazy Thursday stories and she couldn't stop laughing and called me horrible. I am, I know it. It felt great to be on the horse again after two weeks brake. God I love riding.
After the lesson Alenka gave me instructions for future: "Ella, now on you are only allowed to drink only two beers Thursday nights, okey?" Yes, Alenka... but she said nothing about wine and vodka ;) Two beers and four shots!


Tonight was the party aka Dasha's I am old-birthday party! I was really looking forward to since I hadn't seen Dasha's friends in such a long time. Dash had bought a lot of wine, Gin for drinks and some salty food. There was no empty seat in our house. The party was great except one down side, everyone spoke in slovenian and ofcourse I don't blame them! Everyone else were Slovenian but me. Dasha was apologizing all the time and told her not to worry, it was still grand :) Later our destination was Metelkova. The moment we reached that great place I cut myself from rest of they party crew and joined the Irish who were out that night(ofcourse) aswell. That night my favorite thing about those lads was that they spoke English! Or close to it at least ;p We just hanged outside, drinking wine and having a laugh. I didn't see Dasha or the other the rest of the night.
Successful night 4/5

Saturday, time to pack my stuff and start my travels toward back to Finland via Vienna. I was going to see Cathy my Austrian sister from NZ'08 after 5 years! I was also going to meet up with Buse(Turkey) who did her AFS exchange in Finland in 2009-10. Hadn't seen her in years ether, it could not wait! And I was going to see Vienna's Christmas markets! One of the tourist sites to see and I have always wanted to experience, but I will go back to that later.
Anyways, the least favorite thing about this day was that I had to pack! That is one thing I really really dislike. How am I supposed to know which cloths I want to wear during my holiday? Arg! I didn't want to take my huge suitcase so I stuffed everything to my small training bag. I managed but I was very late and I barely made the train!
I was so lucky that I didn't have to travel alone tho. The Mouldy Crew aka the Irish Rachel, Gilly, Sam and Jordan were on the same train to Vienna. They were starting their Christmas holiday rail through Europe: Vienna-Praha-Bratislava-Budapest. Conor was the only one who was missing but he was going to join them later in Bratislava. Anyway I joined the lads to their train cabin. It was just like the one in Harry Potter, haha! On our way to Hogwarts then. The train trip toke over all around 6 hours. Original plan was to drink the whole way to Vienna but everyone were more or less wrecked and were just hanging and laying around. Jordan was the only one who almost finished his vodka bottle on the way.
The last an hour a half our cabin turned to a club. The lads had brought speakers, and two disco light, it was awesome! Got to love these people.
Cathy was waiting for me on the train station and I literally screamed when I saw her! I said good byes for the lads. I was not convinced at all that they were going survive their trip alive...

@jordan
I'm in Vienna with my Cathy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment