Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Never going back to Kranjska Gora

Kranjska Gora...probably one of the most craziest weekend I have had in Slovenia!

The trip was organized by our schools student union or what ever. A weekend trip to ski resort Kranjska Gora. I hadn't been skiing this year yet so I was very excited! Also knowing that there was going to be 3 buses full of erasmus students was predicting no good.

I woke up after crazy companieros xmas party night to a phone call from Jules. "Ella are you sleeping? Get up we are leaving in one hour!" Followed by phone call from Erika "Where were you Ella? Alenka was really mad for you not coming to horse riding." Oh dear, horrible morning! Very very disorganized I started looking for some cloths to pack. I looked like a mess and Dasha and Kenda had a laugh following me trying to get my shit together. What would I do without Dasha! She borrowed me skipants, jacket and glows cause I didn't have my own.
I left from my flat late and raced to Julias flat around a corner. I was speed walking when I heard voice behind me: "Ella?" It was Chrissy, I hadn't even recognized her in hurry. Turned out that she was also coming to the trip and asked if she wanted to join us and share the taxi.
I was wrecked when we reached the parking lot. My head hurt, I hadn't eaten anything, I forgot my water bottle and I felt sick and horrible headache. The irish were in great mood, they had started drinking on their way. Juha-Matti was my savior on the bus with his fresh Slovenian water. I felt sick. Amin was trying to wake peoples party mood up by inventing some fun/sick games such as cookie race. Both rows had a cookie and you had to pass the cookie from mouth to mouth without touching it. The loosing team had to heat those two drooled cookies. Luckily/unfortunately the race was never held because of lack of excitement.

The other bus entertained us tho, we are bunch of little kids! @corlalie

We were going to stop in Lake Bled for site-seeing. My plan was to fine Mercator buy some Radler to kill the hangover. I was also graving some greasy food. It was such a beautiful day! After shopping some alcohol we all went down to lake and enjoyed the sun. The crazy pare of Belgians, Florian and Jim jumped to the cold water. The lake itself wasn't that cold really, but getting up from the water all wet and stuff was horrible cause obviously they didn't have towels. The guys were shaking. They also got some disapproving looks from elder people enjoying their afternoon walk when guys changed out from their wet boxers! The Belgians were not the only crazy ones jumping to the lake, later I heard that Gilly also had a swim with ducks.

@coralie

The journey continued after an hour brake. As we were getting closer to Kranska Gora you could start seeing a little snow! Awh snow I miss you, winter is not winter without it. But it wasn't much. I shared the room with Coralie, Zemra, Simi and Marin. We were really lucky with the room. It was right next to the showers and toilets and it was on the forth floor.
The programme of the night was dinner, games organized by tutors and paaaarty. Some people started drinking naturally already in the bus, some immediately after reaching the cottage.
I had to buy some credit on my phone since I had ran out of it already last night. I walked alone to the center of the town. Luckily it was so small it was easy to find. Trafica kiosk was already closed but the nice owner still sold me 5€ Tus mobil card. The center was small but lovely and it really looked like an old mountain village. You could feel the Christmas around you with all the Christmas lights and decorations.
Back at the hostel the dinner was...I don't really have words to explain...the soup was mushroom soup was nice but tasted more like garlic than mushrooms. The main dish was cabbage with pork and potatoes. I could only eat the meet and part of the tatoes. And dessert was no better... it was some cakeish thing. No. Because we had a lot students not all of us fit in the basement for dinner at the same time. I got really lucky that I was in the first group couse the second group enjoyed their dinner a little different. These young crazy adults actually started a food fight! Crazy people are crazy haha.

With all respect toward our tutors but they were horrible at organizing anything... we were supposed to have some games, to get to know to each other something. They had a great idea how to divide us into the groups. On the bus everyone got bracelet where you had a letter and a number. The letter showed us which group you were in to. If I recall correct I was in F-team. Two teams had same task at the same time, the problem was that for our and our companion team didn't have tutors to do task with!? No idea where they had disappeared. We walked to every floor asking if we were supposed to be there, nobody knew. After hanging around quite some time we got to our first task outside which was a race. Fun fun fun! Our team won in the end cause the other team cheated! That was the only game we played that night. Rest of the night we just drank. People were hammered as hell already at 9pm. The time didn't matter in the hostel. In the basement we had our own private disco and music. Unluckily the music was shit and no one wanted to be there. The third floor was the party floor. In one point of the night we were hanging out in one random room, people were smoking etc when suddenly one guy wanted to show us his man vagina and started taking his cloths off. This how I met Jordan aka Naked Jesus. That was both disturbing, random and hilarious at the same time! Oh god those crazy Irish...

One of the only photos I toke the whole trip...
And the winner is...
Little party never killed nobody!
Photos by @coralie

My dear friend Zemra got drunk that night for the first time and she almost finished the whole bottle of vodka! She is such a sweet girl and the cutest thing when drunk! She was just giggling and smiling all the time. At one point when I went to our room I found Zemra half laying in her bed, her shoes on. I toke her shoes off and put her in the bed. Sebastian came to me later and asked if it was possible for him to sleep in our room that night. He's room was directly on top of the disco and it was the same if he slept in the disco or in his room, the volume was the same. We didn't have that problem because our room was on the forth floor. We had an early wake up for skiing the next day.

I hadn't seen so many zombies in a while as I did on breakfast time. Only a few hour sleep was shining on everyones face. I don't know where they got the food but it tells a lot when the best part of breakfast was water and I did not have a hangover. I was glad that I didn't drink coffee.
One of the tutors had a van and he was driving us to the resort. The slopes were not that far away so some of us decided actually to walk there. Fresh mountain air was brilliant! We had to wait forever the rent our skies and snowboards. I got a brand new board, it was beeeautiful. Because lack of snow there was only three slopes open and you got bored to them quite fast but it was still alright. Besides it was the first skiing trip of the season and it was nice to take it easy. The day was absolutely brilliant with blue sky and sunshine. And the landscape was beautiful, surrounded by mountains. You got to love it. Zemra, Sebastian, Gilly and Caro were beginners and Tina taught them to ski. It was so cute and funny to look at them to struggle on the slopes for the first time. Caro was natural talented and got hold of it pretty fast.


Later in afternoon my mussels started saying no no for skiing and I was really tired. After falling down twice I decided my day was over. Slovenia is crazy, when I rented my stuff they didn't ask any contacts and you didn't even have to pay before! My first thought was 'it would be so easy to steal the board', not that I would ever do that, not like some other people(Marine!!). And the rent itself was so cheap: board and boots for the whole day 18€. I even got 3€ discount after small talking with the rental guy! Turned out he had been skiing couple times in Finland, Ruka and also been in Helsinki. Random!
I walked back to the hostel with Ludi who had the worst hangover, I felt so bad for her! She was completely and utterly wrecked. I didn't have key to our room so we went Ludis and had a lovely nap in their double bed. I really really needed it and we woke up for dinner. That evenings supper was not half bad actually. It was eatable but I don't actually remember what it was other than it wasn't enough for the guys to kill hunger.

After the dinner and before the main party of the night we had a organized torch walk to the lake near by. On the way me and Erika brought some take away booz with us, a bottle of wine, some beers and Slovenian blueberry liqueur. For finns the blueberry liqueur is a little bit like mustikkashotti but not quite. The liqueur actually has blueberry berrys inside the bottle and for people who haven't tried it before it comes as a little shock. So as I offered the bottle for Sam and said 'watch out for the blueberries' he didn't quite get it and almost spit the liqueur out of shock. The lake itself was pretty cool, it was all frozen, the night sky was clear and you could see all the stars. But for a person coming from the country of thousands of lakes and hard winter it was nothing I hadn't seen before, although the mountains around it was pretty special. On our way back to hostel Sam was still hungry after the dinner and we stopped in small kebab place for a hot dog. That was probable the most pathetic hot dog I have ever seen! It didn't even look like one to be honest! Too much bread and one tiny sausage looking thing inside. We had crack!

After shower I went down stares. Tonight there was going to be a special ATET(rental car company) party where you can win 200€ gift card for renting car. Sebastian and Florian were totally in and ordered me, Marine and Simi to our team. We had no idea what was coming up. A moment before the competition started Florian came to me and said "Ella prepare yourself and think horny. Think horny!" Wtf... The contest was 'Best sex positions'. I was dying inside. We had no plan at all and we just went all in! To be honest I can't even remember what we did other than I jumped on Sebastians lap at one point and later Florian chaired me... No kisses exchanged from my lips. The crowed liked our performance. Unlucky they also liked the Irish teams show. We were on finals against 4 guys and a Naked Jesus. How do you compete with that. We gave our all, I kissed both Simi and Marine and when Sebastian tried to kiss me I was on shock and said dude ey no way! One point we all just fell on the floor and we got at least three cans of beer on top of us. That was dis-fucking-gusting! I just had a shower! I'm censoring and I'm not even going to share what they did other than everyone adored Naked Jesus. In the end the crowed was the one who chose the winner. It was very very even. At one point Simi jumped on one of the chairs and lift her shirt up. That did it and we wont to price. I don't like to admit this since we have been fighting over this many times whit Gilly who was supposed to win that night I will admit that the only reason the Irish team didn't won was because they didn't have any girls in their team even tho Jordan has long wavy hair and gorgeous legs. There Gilly, I admitted!

I ran to the shower after the contest, my hair was, I have no words how yakky I was, ey. Goes to same category as category as a year back in Urban festival cruise I got a can of energy drink on top of me. Overly sweet sticky stuff all over my hair and body is not something I recommend to anyone! Anyways I didn't quite think my plan through with the shower thing. The thing is there is only one key to our room and I did not have that key. One random Spanish guy came to our floor and begged him to borrow his shampoo and towel to me. True gentle man. The shower was heaven but afterwords I still faced the same problem as before: I still didn't have the bloody key and now I had no cloths at all. Thank god Marine happened to come to our floor and I ashed her to go hunt the key for me. Thank you my angel!
Rest of night was chill, partying, hanging out, playing silly games and dancing. People went crazy, at one point Simi and Marine were poring shots from the bar. Nicole stole a bottle of something from the bar, Grega puked in Jules room and broke one of the bed and a lot more. Tina had her birthday in the middle of the night and we sang happy birthday to her. Ou god I almost forgot to mention the most important person who I met this weekend! Jaakko! I had heard about this Finnish guy both from Erika and the Irish and now I finally got to meet him. Such a great guy and we had some really awesome and deep drunk conversations together. I can't believe I hadn't met him before! Erik was not part of our Kranjska Gora trip but he had rented his own hut with bunch of his friends who came to visit him. Obviously the party place was our hostel and they came to visit us. There is always a party when Erik is around! At one point of the night we were hanging on the 4th floor with Marine. She had opened one of the windows and was enjoying a cigarette. There was a small stream behind the hostel and we were listening the sound of the flow, both happy and drunk when an upset guard come over. He was sweet and concerned about Marines safety since she was sitting one the edge of window. Marine was singing with her clear voice and trying to explain that she wants listen the stream its so beautiful and then started flirting with him. She made smile on his face and he told that he has a wife and family. In the end Marine got down from the window and everyone where safe. The party in the hostel lasted until the morning.

The next morning it was time to leave Kranjska Gora, finally! I could not have taken that madness any longer! We cleaned our room packed our stuff and headed out. We were THE luckiest with the weather cause it was another brilliant day! Everyone were hanging around the buses and enjoying the sun. On the way back to Ljubljana it was nice and easy, people looking at the photos they had taken during that weekend, sleeping or enjoying the view. Some people went out for dinner afterwards but I was too wrecked. Home sweet home, Dashas bed and Sex and the city marathon was waiting for me there.

Ou yea I almost forgot one of the most hilarious part! On our way to Kranska Gora everyone had to pay 10€ deposit just in cause if something gets broken etc. After the trip we received this email from our tutors:

Hi,

chef of Hostels checked all the rooms and said that you left complete mess.

Walls were completely covered with wine stains, some of them have even holes in it, chairs were broken (some of you also threw them over the balcony). Also a lot of tables and lamps were broken. You broke 2 toilets and destroyed all the flowers, both of the hostels and also the neighbors. You have also emptied some fire extinguishers, so they must buy new ones.

All rooms were completely dirty and spilled, so they must do chemical cleaning...

So no one will get deposit back!


Oh my oh my... I can promise our room was in perfect condition when we left. The lock of our door was a bit broken but that was before we arrived. But to be honest I did't mind at all that we didn't get the deposit back cause I never paid it anyway, haha! I didn't have cash by the time they were collecting the money and afterwards I just forgot. Marine and I secretly high fived each other. And I totally understand they didn't give our money back. Some people were very upset about it since they had not broken anything but the thing is, even tho they hadn't some people had destroyed the common area and everyone had to pay for that.

Room 24 @coralie
Kranjska Gora

I'm terrible sorry about the lack of photos I have to be be honest there are none! I didn't take any photos during this weekend. You just have to use your wild imagination!

Chrissys comment after the weekend: "I actually like how crazy you are, I didn't expect that!" Thanks sweetie :*

All in all one hell of a weekend, absolutely brilliant! A lot of great memories and new people!
Never again tho Kranjska Gora! #slovenialainenhupellus
Successful weekend 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment