Monday, September 30, 2013

Getting lost in Ljubljana

First week behind and can I just say how excited I am for being here? It's still a bit difficult to wrap my head around the idea that I'm actually going to spend the following 5 months here. I guess when the school starts on tomorrow it will make everything a bit more real.

Any how the first week has been just great! I don't know where to start!

Tuesday
It was my "day off" = day before Orientation week starts. I could have used my time wisely and go to the office or do some other paper work but instead I went out check out my new neightbourhood, see where the University is and to the center.
My day didn't start the best way. Since I didn't have time to go to grocary store the night before I actually didn't have anything to eat for breakfast and I was to shy to ask from my roommates Dasha(slovenian) or Sasha(ukranian) if could eat some of their food(this is going to be so embarrasing if/when they read this)! Poor me. So when I finally got my hungry ass off from the bed I went to the closest backery I found. Everthing was in Slovenies(ofcourse) and the baker didn't speak english too good(natrally). I wanted something salty brunch and instead I got the sweeitest jam pie ever! Couldn't finnish it. I did't find the local grocary store which is pretty much impossible to miss! But no. Still hungry as I was I stoped the next food place I could find which was kind of like a local pizza/kebab place. Curious as I am I wanted to try something new and ended buying burek. For my unlucky suprise I realized it was slovenian home made cheese and again not my favorite. The taste was just something you have to grove use to. This has to be karma thing tho since the karma hasn't been on my side all week! You will see later.
I decided to walk to center cause I didn't think it was THAT far away but I ended up walking for 25min or something. And no I didn't get lost! I toke the shortest route and followed the main street. But yea I'm not gonna do that mistake again!


The central area is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Especially the old town. Lots of people were out enjoying warm monday night I decided to join them and stop for a glass of wine on place called Kavarna Macek on the river side. Glass of wine was 1,12€!!! Can I hear halleluja! So cheap! Later I realized it was happy hour, but still! Made me happ happy happy :)

After the glass of wine I continued my walking tour around the center.




Lucky, lucky me! On my way back home I stoped in grocary store in center but nacho ingredients. The most easiest dish to cook if you'd have a owen and in our house hold, we don't. It was alright tho.

The must 'gluteen free food'-photo for Laura
I have a great feeling about this year. And I have the nicest roommates ever. We went out for beer in a pub near by.

I'd just love to continue writing about everything that has happened here but I actually need to get stuff to do today. I have bunch of things to do such as paper work and since I was so lazy last week I need to do them today. And everybody who knows, knows also that I'm just usuless of doing this kind of things... But seriosly why would I do some boring paper work when I could just enjoy my new home town? Exactly! But today I need to do it today tho... I have to!

I try to wrtie more things later tonight.

2 comments: