Sunday, October 27, 2013

Adventures, the sun and parents in town

I have been planning to write many times these past few days but been putting it off because my c-key won't still work and it is annoying as hell. Anyhow past weeks have been pretty much busy with just school work.



Here is some high light:

Bought posters for my room
Two weeks ago poster company filled out hall with awesome looking posters, I couldn't help myself but buy couple to my room aswell and they are awesome.



The best things happens when you are not planning to go out
This is so true! Our plan was just to go out for dinner in best restaurant scored by Tripadviser. It was a Falafel place and I got to say it was delicious. After dinner we went for a beer up to Skytower to admire beautiful night view over Ljubljana and then off to home. Or did we? On our way to busstop we got distracted with some really good House music and me and Phillipp(Austria) decided to go check it out. One of the best choises of the week. The place was called Evrope and it was in a inner yard. Hanging out dancing and meeting new people. We met the manager of the party who organized the DJ's and one local DJ who was originally from Amsterdam. The manager put our named to guest list for K4. We went there really early(after 11) and there was only 4 of us, me and Phillipp included. No biggie, bought a beer and to the dance floor. After one hour we had to start heading home simce Phillipp and classes at 8 on the morning so we left. Or did we? At the door we ran into the manager and the Dj so course we had to stay there for another beer.



Beautiful weather!
Ljubljana is treating my too well! This Fall has been unusually warm(not complaning at all!) and at the end of the week I was on my balkany pretty much wearing only my bikinies. I loved it! Summer all over again. The sun forced my to skip my 5pm International Business class and go to Tivoli Park with Julia and play some Uno. It was perfect. The next day we did the same but made more people to join us. The day was perfect again! Everyone got pissed of with my Finnish Uno rules, it was a never ending game. We also made a new Slovenian friend: 2-year old kiddou who ran a way from his parents and came to entertane us by messing with our game.



Parents in Slovenia
My folks came to Ljubljana for 5 day holiday and they loved Slovenia! First could days we stayed in Ljubljana and on Sunday we trevelled souther part of Slovenia by car and went to see Lipica hourses and Piran. Piran was absolutely beautiful, even tho we spent only less than 2h it impressed me. Very small but a lovely city. Definately going back there for a proper day trip.
It was great to see my family and show them my new home country. Time went past really quickly but after 5 days I was glad they went home. I was constantly worring over them that they had good time and enought things to do. One of the best things about parents being in town was that we went out for dinner every night in nice restaurants. Nom nom food!





Ofcourse I got some Finnish goodies from my parents! Several bags of candy, Jenkki chewing gum and home made rye bread. Yeeeey!


Metelkova
I'm addicted to this place. It is just the place to be in Ljubljana. Everynight is different and you never know what to expect, who to ran to or who are you going to meet. On the other night when I was talking with some Slovenians and they found out that I'm from Finland, the first thing they said was: do you know the website Apina(Automagic People Image Naked Archive). What?!?! On Friday I went to Metelkova for one beer. I did just drink one beer but ended up being at home at 3am. Don't know what happened. And the next day I got home from Metelkova at 6am. Good on me! So if anyone of you are coming to visit you I will take you to this place.

Life is pretty good here. I'm loving Erasmus.

No comments:

Post a Comment