Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Alpine Fairytale

Alpine Fairytale trip for Erasmus people

Week ago on Saturday we had organized round tour by bus to three locations: national park(I'm sorry I don't remember the name!), Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj. After 2 hours sleep I can tell it wasn't the easiest thing to drag your exhausted body off bed but I did it, skipping the brakfast tho which wasn't the best idea tho. I blame on Karma again tho.

First stop was at the national park god knows where or what the name was but it was beautiful! The wather was clean and clear and the sight was just peacefull. In a way it reminded me of New Zealand. Maybe it was the weather cause it was wet and rainy!;p But so great anyway and it really made me want to go hiking and in nature.

National park
After we had a quick stop at Bled castle we continued our way to lake Bohinj. Since most of us were starving we stopped in a small village(no idea about the name of it. I really should write these thing down!) for lunch place called Strud'e. I was extreamly hungry since I had to skipped the breakfast on the morning due slight hangover... Anyway, I'm horrible at desiding what I want to eat so I just asked the waitress to recomand me something. I was one of the first ones who ordered and THE last one to get it. The food started arriving after 30min or so(the restaurant was really crowded due almost everyone from our bus wanted to dine at the same place) and everyone else got their food but me! The waitress had forgotten my order and on top of that they ran out of sausages which I was supposed to have and had to change to dryed meat. The meat was great so it was alright but it felt horrible to wait when everyone else were already eating. Coralie, a belgium girl, was kind enought to share her dish with me so I could taste those famous slovenian sausages and they were sooooo good! I really like Slovenian food!


Lake Bohinj and a ginger girl
The most delicious cake ever! Cream shnita, a traditional Slovenian cake dessert and especially famously good in Lake Bled. Extreamly soft but so sweet! So anyone who visit Slovenia should definately taste this!

The only island in Slovenia - Lake Bled
 The Bled was a beautiful small place, the lake abviously beautiful and worth to see especially when it is a beautiful weather(which it wasn't for us). We also visited Bled castel which was on top of the hill. The view was pretty cool(unfortunatelly quite foggy for us) but other than that there was nothing much to see there and I would say not worth the 8€.

You could go to the island by bout which cost 12e there and back which in my opinion really big price for that! We decided to rent our own rowboat for an hour and rowed to the island. The best idea of the day!
The island was really cute and the church was beautiful. You could go up and ring the big bell and make a wish but that cost 6€(!!!) so we didn't do that.

Messing around with erasmus people on the island
Propabl the best thing about this day was the people whom really are the thing which makes these trips memorable. It is also way better way to get to know people more. So if you go on exchange I encourage you to attend as many trips and things as possible. You will meet great now people and have awesome memories together. Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment