Monday, January 13, 2014

Ginger Tom in Slovenia!

This man is crazy! Tom aka Ginger Tom from Germany did his Erasmus in Finland in my home University and this semester he come to visit me in Ljubljana. Everyone who knows Tom, knows that this man would attend to anything and everything! For example just to drive from Germany to Ljubljana for a weekend. Crazy awesome Tom! Such a fun weekend behind us and awesome reunion.

Tom arrived Friday night, I was freaking out cause I gave him my number but I didn't receive his. I was expecting him to arrive around 9ish but the man was nowhere. After 10pm I got a happy phone call from him that he is on front of my door!:)

Its Friday night so there is nothing else to do but go out of course! Joe Pena for dinner and cocktails and then to Neboticnik to meet up with the other Erasmus. Friday is obviously THE day to go to Metelkova and this Friday was no exception. It was really awesome night to go there actually cause they had Student Radio event. One Slovenian dude explained me what it was about but I can't really remember. Anyways you paid 10€ at the entrance and received a bracelet that allowed you to enter all the clubs in the area. After Metelkova hang outside, bear blood shot and hunting weed for a friend we finally went to the first club Galla Halla where some other crazy erasmus aka Sebastion+Florian and some others where. The night was about a lot of shots, great music and people and crowed surfing!! Simi, me and Tom went to turn in Tiffanies as well for a dance or two, but we didn't have time check out other places.


Party hard and sleep in. Or that's what I at least want to do. Of course Tom was here for such a short visit so we didn't have time to waste even if the weather was shit. Tour around center, coffee and random hike in Tivoli park in pouring rain! I think there is some kind of look out place but we didn't find it. But then again we would have not seen anything because of the rain anyway so I doesn't really matter.

Dinner - Guinness and KMS with some awesome people.

Got to laugh Ludis brother tho who came to Slovenia for a weekend the whole night he just ordered belgium beers which are ridiculously expensive here. I don't blame him, slovenian beer is shit. Or that's what everyone are telling me.

This was our we should not go out tonight night!


Awesome night guys!

Last and final day... Plan Piran and Postojna caves(finally!). We started our journey early on the morning with Tom and picked Sophie and her Belgian friend Ysaline. As I have already learned in life, things don't always go as planned and it didn't happen this day ether. The day stared well, Piran was beautiful but when we started driving back to visit Postojna caves we soon realized we were going to be late. There are specific times you can enter the cave cause its underground you have to go there via train. Driving against time Tom turned to race driver, Sunday was perfect for it since there was no other drivers around. We reached the parking lot 12.58, ran to the reception fingers crossed we would make it. As we explained the situation for the saleslady she just stared us blankly and said: "The train left at 12, the next one is leaving 15." ?!? You are joking!! All for nothing. The only thing you could do was to laugh about the situation. Shit happens, at least we had fun. On our way back to Piran we got lost and found the beautiful Predjama castle. So the trip was not for nothing. We also stopped at the other caves closer to Piran but they had the same timetables for the tours. The caves looked epic from the photos! Maybe one day I will actually make it and go see them.
The drive back to the cost was perfect tho. Spending time with your friend whom you had not seen in months.


I almost broke into tears when Tom played Otto Knows - Million voices from his phone. That song is ours and is full of so many happy memories: Erasmus Finland, Urban festival cruise, Tomorrowland and now this! Its amazing how you are friends with someone, you don't nessesary have to be in touch so much but the bond of friendship never fades. I know Tom is a friend like that to me. And when I hear this song there is no one else I think of but him and all the awesome parties we went together.


Thank you so much Tom for coming! One awesome weekend :) Next one is on me, I'll see you in Germany!



No comments:

Post a Comment